Foley evaluation

Over the past weeks we have worked on Foley with the psycho shower scene. This most recent lesson we had our production and have been assigned to evaluate it. Throughout the overall task I fell I have struggled in some areas as some things such as adobe premier pro software is new to me. Besides this I felt that I could be very helpful when considering the certain sounds to use. Concerning the sound effects used in the production most of them worked well with the video. For example sound effects such as the door closing and the scream seemed on point and the sound was decent. However sounds like the shower and the footsteps could've been made more realistic. If I was to do things differently I would record more sounds so that I could pinpoint the best sound for the specific action. I think I was able to make strong suggestions and ideas when it came to editing but I still have not had the opportunity to use the software without others. There was many challenges when we were editing such as the audio clips kept moving and being on point with the timing was difficult. I would have liked to have more than 1 audio clip playing at the same time but I didn't know how. I think that we were able to control the sync and the volume balance as one sound would not dominate over everything else. In addition we used some found content and used it as music to add and eerie tone. However I don't think we focused on EQ or effects so that would be something to improve on.


Some feedback given:
- Good use of music
-Clever way of using water noises
- Could use more sounds
- Good editing
- Needs a stabbing sound

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College TV

Carousel week 4/ week 5